Monday, June 7, 2010

Day One in Missip!

I hear southern accents downstairs; I am waking up this morning in Mississippi!! Last week was incredible, tiring, and productive. We had many meetings about safety, code of conduct, and logistics. On top of that we had worship (beginning game, songs, testimony, message, etc) three times a day. Each site crew, since all sites including Mississippi were training together last week, would lead a certain day of worship that we would be leading all summer. I am going to be our female vocals this summer as well. I sang more this last week than I have in a LONG time! My team is wonderful! I am really excited to work with them all summer. My team includes: Chase (our site director), Marisa (co-site assistant and worship assistant), Jacee (Worship Director who will give most messages at night), Brandon (worship assistant, really good on the drums!), Azad (Construction director), Nate (construction assistant), and Luke (construction assistant). These people are so fun and come from around the country. I will be adding a picture really soon of my team. This week is now intensive prep for the summer since we have 56 students coming already next Sunday. This morning, once the rest of my team is up, we will be touring our home for the next two months. We have a suburban that we call Miss Betsy, so we will all be piling into her for our tour. The rest of the time this week will be continuing to get the messages ready, finding and prepping the construction sites (we need 7 for this Sunday), and preparing all the details that make a week long mission trip flow smoothly and change lives! So here it officially begins, Mississippi, Miss Amy and the rest of her crew has arrived, and I AM will be with us, so prepare to be changed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment