Sunday, June 20, 2010

No Chance Encounters

Every Friday the students get a free day at the ocean. This week we went to Ship Island where we take a Ferry from the coast out to the island. The ride is about and hour each way. I was one of the four that went with to supervise this week. On the way back I went to the lower level of the ferry to buy something to eat. When I got down there, there was already a big line of students who were also hungry, so instead of waiting in line I noticed an older couple was sitting at a table by themselves with a whole side open by the line. I asked if I could sit down just as I wait for the line to die down. They agreed and I sat down and began to share with them what I was in Mississippi for and what our ministries was all about. After a while, I asked the couple what they do for a profession. The male answered that he was a pastor for a small church on the North Shore of Louisiana. We spent the next hour sharing our lives, visions, and passions. We exchanged email addresses and my blog upon their request. They prayed over me and asked for the address of Next Step ministries because their church gives to various organizations. I just love how God works through encounters!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a divine appointment to me. God is so faithful isn't He?

    ReplyDelete