Saturday, June 26, 2010

Becoming White

On Thursday I was on a work site with six high school girls. We were sanding off the unneeded layers of mud they put on the dry wall the day before! We danced around the room to Taylor Swift and other songs while we sanded away and then painted all morning. By lunch time I had turned white from the dust but we had laughed the morning away. The girls were so special to me this week, they all opened up to our small group during lunch devos sharing the reasons they are so broken. My heart broke when they shared that one struggled with anorexia, another with a recent peer death, another with a sister with an illness, and another who has spent two separate times at a mental hospital. These girls are so broken and the Lord allowed me the privilege to love on them and pray for each one of them this week! I have been so blessed this week by these girls and I think many of them walked away this morning with a blessing from the Lord this week. On Thursday night most of the 80 students came up to one of the leaders for some sort of prayer. It was incredible different denomination all on one mission forgetting about their differences and embracing their similarities! It was beautiful :) God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment