Thursday, June 24, 2010

Turning Point

Wednesday is always our foot washing service. We talk about how Jesus is a servant during service and then send them to the gym that is lit by candles and stations are set up where they go as their crew they have worked with throughout the week and wash each other's feet and pray over one another. We knew from training week on that this was an essential part of the week and a big turning point for a lot of the students, but what I didn't realize is that it is a big turning point for my attitude each week as well. My attitude this week started out really tired and indifferent about these students and last night once again reminded me why I am here. The crew I have been working with this week was a group of six girls and they all are very broken and opened up to the group about their lives. One of the girls struggled with anorexia, another girl has a sister who is terminally ill, a girl's boyfriend got an STD because he had been cheating on her, another girl had been in an insane hospital twice in her life. One of these girls that I prayed with after told me she is an atheist because how could a God that is supposed to be loving allow those awful things in her life to occur, where she had no one to love her. I shared the Gospel with her and told her that God loves her so much and His heart breaks for the events that happened. I also looked her straight in the eye and told her that I love her. She was sobbing the whole night but has not come to Christ yet but the Lord is working so I am praying for tonight! At the end of the night we ended in a circle all arm in arm different denomination all united in song together.. what a great picture of what the kingdom of God looks like!

The next night she did pray with me to accept Christ in order to receive the healing that only comes from surrendering to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment