Saturday, June 12, 2010

Longing for the Ocean

I am a bit drained. It is hot which slows us all down and sucks our energy. Everyone is a bit irritable. A lot of site visits and material preparing has consumed the construction guys, the looming messages and songs have loomed over Jc and Brandon, and Grocery shopping for 60 people (my least favorite part thus far) and other little prep things has warn out Marisa and I. It is time for the students to arrive; We need a specific reason to be working together and for all of us to fall into place with our roles. The students will also bring a new needed energy that we can feed off of!
What is so enticing about the ocean? Is it the fact that there appears to have no end? Is it the sound of the waves crashing on shore? For me it is the fact that I can get lost just gazing, leaving all else behind: all cares, worries, life. It is funny how close I am to the ocean right now, about a half hour, and yet it is so far since tasks and transportation stand in my way. Then I realized that I have other "oceans" and that all I need to do is intentionally take time for myself. So here I am writing in a dark room, my ipod on high volume, and laying on my air mattress. I am reflecting on who my creator is and allowing Him to refill me!

No comments:

Post a Comment