Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Loving those who persecute you

As I was on site this morning, a woman came up to me that was apart of my work crew and completely attacked me. She started out attacking our ministry and how we have it set up. She was upset at the project they were at and that we wouldn't "let" them go to the roofing site with the rest of their church, a different crew. She continued to say how it was hard to be told what to do when we were so young and they were "go getters" and have all been managers etc. Then she switched to cutting specifically at me. How I help lead worship, how I explain games, my message choice and that just overall they were trying their best not to judge me based on my front I put up towards them. The other church all week has been really encouraging me all week for my leadership and message and were just really supportive, so this was definitely an attack without any strong validity but more preference and not good conflict skills. This complete attack and rant went on for about 15 minutes until Luke saved me and I broke down in the car. Usually I think I could have brushed it off but when my body, mind, and entire being is fried from the end of the summer, I balled like a baby! It was hard because this woman is the pastor’s wife and a Christian counselor and she went out of her way to reprimand me and my team, saying specific phrases like “I realize you guys are still very young and we are a lot older..” I instantly thought of 1 Tim 4:12 and wanted to use it in my words as some sort of come back but I knew that the Lord wanted me to set an example by taking it humbly and graciously receiving her criticism. Ok, got through the attack, now the tough part… I still have to show her love for the rest of the week. When she should be mentoring me and showing me wisdom, I am called to be an example as Timothy was. Maybe the heat is really getting to her and she is just having a really tough week. Please be praying for me so I can be an example well.

2 comments:

  1. Oh honey, I am sooo sorry to hear what you went through. The enemy would like nothing more than for you to leave feeling low. For no other reason than he doesn't want anyone to be happy or to make others happy. Hang in there and be His shining light! The darkness will have to flee... Can't wait to see you on Monday!

    I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! Don't let this drag you down. It sucks that this is the last week and this is what you get, but this woman doesn't know you or all the hard work you have put in all summer. Her actions are clearly not of God and sometimes as "young people" we are called on to be the example. I know you can be...you have been all summer. Just keep doing what you do and finish out strong! Marisa

    ReplyDelete