Monday, August 2, 2010

Consumed

It is getting to the end of summer, the whole staff is worn out, and we have become 7 different units instead of a team (in my opinion). I think a lot of it has to do with just being down right exhausted, but we have all, me included, become so consumed with our own specific jobs and “responsibilities” that we begin to divide. First we start pointing fingers, either physically and verbally or just internal frustration and bitterness, about how another person is not doing as much as me. Then that bitterness turns into a conscious decision to not help out with “someone else’s” task because it is not my responsibility. Then comes the justification of why I shouldn’t have to help; I deserve a rest anyway. Then we are each left frustrated, tired, and no one to lean on for support. I think Satan does a really good job at doing this inside the body of Christ. He gives us a sense of entitlement instilling bitterness towards one another because he knows we are more powerful when we are on mission together working as one unit. All I can do I guess is pray and continue to lay down my personal thoughts of entitlements and be more of a servant. Lord help me be more like you and not point fingers at others; keep my eyes on you alone unless it is to care for another.

No comments:

Post a Comment